Nutcracker auditions will be held on Sunday, August 25th at the DanceArts Greenville studios at 2:00pm. Dancers must be at least 5 years old and registered in a ballet program since spring 2019. All levels must audition. Cast list and rehearsal schedules will be communicated through email. Expect the cast list to be announced within 10 days of August 25th.
Audition Date & Time: Sunday, August 25th at 2:00pm
- It will be helpful for Wardrobe to know your child’s regular clothing size (Youth 4-5, 6, 8, 10-12, or Adult 2, 4, etc.). Please be prepared to provide this information at check-in.
- We will not be able to answer any questions at check-in regarding rehearsals as we don’t yet know the schedule.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled audition time.
- Ensure your dancer is already dressed so all they have to do is put on ballet shoes.
- Ladies: leotard and tights (no skirted leotards for Preparatory Level and above).
- Gentlemen: white shirt and black tights or gym shorts. Ballet shoes.
- Ensure their hair is in a bun.
Audition Day Schedule – Sunday, August 25th
*Estimated time for dancer to complete the entire audition process is anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half depending on level. Older dancers will have a warm up and that is included in their time below.
Current DAG Students: please follow the schedule below for arrival time.
- 2:00 Ballet 1&2
- 2:30 Boys Dance, Youth Ballet, Ballet 3, Ballet 4B, Ballet 4A
- 3:00 Ballet 5B, Ballet 5A Bring Pointe Shoes
- 3:30 Ballet 6B, Ballet 6A Bring Pointe Shoes
Non-DAG Dancers: please follow the schedule below for arrival time.
- 2:00 1st grade & 2nd grade
- 2:30 3rd, 4th & 5th grades
- 3:00 6th, 7th & 8th grades – Bring Pointe Shoes
- 3:30 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grades – Bring Pointe Shoes
Additional Audition Information:
- Cast list will be posted on the Facebook page (CBT Nutcracker 2019) within 10 days of auditions
- No Sunday morning rehearsals
- No rehearsals on Labor Day Weekend or Thanksgiving Weekend
- Online audition registration and non-refundable Audition Fee of $35.00 must be paid/completed no later than Sunday, August 26th. Performance fee is $90.00 per performance cast. You will receive an email with links to online performance registration and payment of $90.00 per performance. This is a non-refundable fee, which must be paid no later than Monday, September 16th. Failure to complete registration and payment may result in your dancer’s part being revoked.
Helpful hints to prepare your dancer for the audition:
- Explain they may not have been exposed to steps they are asked to perform. However, the audition committee is aware.
- Explain that the group they audition with is simply part of the process. They may see friends at the audition, but audition with other dancers.
- Tell them to do their best and enjoy the experience of an audition!